Nuffnang

Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Thomas Powell's From Here to There Exhibition: A Prelude to the Interview

British artist Thomas Powell's super power is to make a married woman forgot that she is married. So, here's a picture of our family picture.

Our cat-daughter cute or not?



I kid. I kid.

All jokes aside, Julia and I were at Tom's art exhibition at Hin Bus Depot earlier this morning. Tom was being interviewed by another magazine when we arrived, so we took our time to wander about the hall. 

Titled From Here to There, this exhibition is mighty evident of Tom's interest in the South East Asia's culture, particularly Penang. There is an apparent change of style from his previous exhibition, the Chinese Zodiac. In the Chinese Zodiac, there is a subtle hint of the neoclassical era style of painting, as opposed to the play of contrasts and overlays found in From Here to There exhibition.





Of all the paintings from today's exhibition, I was drawn to this painting. Aptly named The King and Queen (I wish I had thought of that), this painting depicts Queen Victoria holding our King of Fruit, the Durian. 


The King and Queen
The Painting Tag? Also, I've always wondered how much a painting cost. Life's mystery solved!

I should refrain from spilling too much details of my assignment lest I have little else to write about for the magazine.

Nevertheless, the details for Tom's exhibition...

Thomas Powell From Here to There

Date: December 20, 2014-January 25
Time: 12pm-7pm daily
Venue: Hin Bus Depot Art Centre, 31A Jalan Gurdwara
Admission: Free

No comments:

Post a Comment