Nuffnang

Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Boracay Honeymoon

Station 3, White Beach

Us!

Puka Beach

I got my tan, and Abu got out of character by spending a bit more than he normally would for a vacation. We're talking about beach front hotel (we stayed at Villa Caemilla Hotel) and charging everything to the room.

Boracay is magic. I love waking up to the opaque water and white sandy beach. Time moves slowly in Boracay too, but it's OK. We did not have meetings or things to do anyways. We were not in a hurry. Early on we decided to not check our emails. 

We'll eat when we want to, swim when we want to, sleep when we want to. 

Though I feel that the magic ends whenever the opaque water leave our sight (or side). Vendors selling their stuffs are everywhere, and they'd approach you no matter what you were doing. Kids that should be in school weren't in school but were out earning a living through any ways possible. 

I have a bone to pick with the Korean tourists though. In my personal opinion, they are rude and self-absorbed. We were lining up for food like good Malaysians we are when a Korean couple just waltz in to Oppa Gangnam Style music (kidding!) and cut our queue! I was staring at them, mouth open, because I realize they won't understand "HOI, K-POP, TAK RETI BERATUQ KA?! 

Lucky for us, the cashier stopped them and took our order instead.

Oh I hope they got indigestion that night.

Food is expensive. We spent about RM 50 per meal per person. It was either paying that price for mediocre food, or make your own peanut butter sandwich. We found shops that sell peanut butter and other sandwich fillings like tuna and sardines, but we could not find bread! To our dismay, on our last night in Boracay, we only found out that they don't sell bread in convenient shops. They only sell bread in a proper bakery.

It just doesn't make sense. Why don't they sell bread next to jars of peanut butter in their convenient shops?

Urgh.

But I really, really love the beach. 

And the company I was with.

No comments:

Post a Comment